Pastimes - Web Manager
Pastimes - Web Manager (Social & Sales)
Pastimes is looking for a Web Manager to join our growing team to help with Social Media and other online sales platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience engaging online communities across a variety of platforms for social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,etc) as well as engaging in sales and promotions through our online sales platforms. This role will focus on online engagement for the Pastimes companies (Pastimes Comics & Games, Pastimes Events and GamerMats)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Work with Merchandise and Event teams to execute media strategy, plans and programs
- Create, monitor and engage with in-house and user-created content or feedback on social media platforms
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with the Pastimes, GamerMats and Pastimes Event community members
- Work with the Event and Merchandise teams to keep customers informed about the latest news, messaging and updates
Desired Skills and Experience (including but not limited to):
- 2+ years of experience positively engaging with online communities
- Experience with online platforms such as Wordpress, Shopify and CrystalCommerce
- Graphic experience with programs such as Corel, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
- Great written and verbal communication skills (will be writing in communications channels and may also create content)
- Experience working and coordinating with a variety of internal and external cross-functional partners
- Ability to prioritize a high number of tasks in a self directed environment
- Some direct experience in managing a gaming community and brand social channels
Job Type: Part and/or Full Time
Compensation: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour based on experience
Location: On Site at our retail location and offices in Niles and Elk Grove Village, Illinois. Ability to work some days remotely.
About Pastimes & GamerMats
Established in 1992, Pastimes has been servicing the hobby community with great service, products and events for over 30 years. Today Pastimes is a leader in the tabletop gaming market, and one of the largest organizers of hobby game events in the USA. Pastimes is an equal opportunity employer.
GamerMats, a division of Pastimes, serves hobbyists and art fans of game mats and lifestyle items through online, retail and convention sales. GamerMats also sells to corporations such as Pokemon, NASA, Wizards of the Coast and many others desiring high quality products to represent their brands.
Why Pastimes Incorporated?
We value our in-store and online customers and work hard to bring them the hobbies, events and products they love. Providing excellent service to our customers provides growth opportunities to those Team Members who excel in their work. We offer a challenging, but fun, work environment surrounded by the items, characters, and concepts you enjoy, making it easy to engage with your work and our clients.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please send us a letter telling us why you want this position. We select candidates to interview on the content of their resume and letters.
Please include an up-to-date resume to support your application.
Respond with cover letter and resume to – HR@Pastimes.net