Pastimes Career Opportunity - Retail Associate - Game Focus
Comic Book & Game Store Retail Associate - Game Focus!
We are looking for folks interested in full and part time!
Do you love games? Are you excited by the thought of sharing your hobby and teaching others to play games?!
If so - come join our team at one of Chicagoland’s largest game stores!
Join us and you get to:
- Help our retail guests have a great time while shopping
- Keep the store updated by putting out new stock and making sure the store sparkles
- Support the staff in making Pastimes a great third space, including during gaming events of all kinds
- Assisting with all sorts of fun tasks and projects the managers need help with
- Possible opportunity to travel with us to shows and events
We are hoping you come with some skills besides just being fun! Looking for people who have can excel at the following:
- Ability to greet and engage with all Pastimes Guests, figure out what they need and exceed their expectations
- Be social with our customer, helping them know about the great items and events in the store and beyond
- Spin plates, talk on the phone and sort cards - all at the same time! Just kidding, but can you get a bunch of things done at the same time without losing your mind?
- Be an outgoing, engaging personality with the ability to be innovative, diplomatic, businesslike and positive at all times
- Timeliness and reliability; being prepared and ready to work when scheduled
- Manage cash, count things and make sure business is done the right way
- Follow instructions and ask great questions to make sure the job gets done right the first time
- Two or more years of Retail and Customer Service experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of current and vintage comics, toys, and games preferred
We value our Guests and work hard to bring them the hobbies and events they love while providing excellent service to our customers and fun to our staff. Our Team Members are the heart of Pastimes and we strive to provide growth opportunities to those Team Members who excel in their work. We offer a challenging, but fun, work environment, surrounded by the items, characters, and concepts you love, making it easy to engage with your work and our Guests.
Pastimes also offers an employee discount on store purchases and provides opportunities for you to familiarize yourself with the wide variety of products we sell. You’ll also receive training and be involved with a variety of projects and tasks that can lead to building a career in the comics and gaming industry.
Established in 1992, Pastimes has been servicing the hobby community with great service, products and events for over a quarter century. Today, Pastimes is a leader in the table top gaming market, and one of the largest organizers of hobby game events in the USA. Pastimes is an equal opportunity employer.