Pastimes Event Manager - Conventions
Event Manager - Magic: the Gathering - Conventions
Come join the team at Pastimes Events! We are looking to add an experienced, enthusiastic and creative team member to our crew who is interested in helping develop, organize and deliver great experiences for fun loving gamers! The ideal candidate will find themselves making fun happen at conventions all over the country, experiencing convention life behind the curtain of Magic events at shows such as MagicCon, PAX and Gen Con!
What are you going to do?
In this role you will work with our events team to help create, plan, organize and manage experiences for fans all over the US. You will utilize your attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to gameify anything to help the team:
- Create and implement event plans, schedules and programming
- Get involved with all things logistic - from floor plans to product ordering to staff support
- Work with Event and Marketing teams to keep customers informed about the latest news, messaging and updates
Desired Skills and Experience (including but not limited to):
- 3+ years of positively engaging with tabletop organized play or related experiences
- Spreadsheet skills aplenty along with great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working and coordinating with a variety of internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize a high number of tasks in a self directed environment
- Interest in traveling to and working at conventions - approximately 15-25%
- Maintaining the highest level of customer service with our partners and customers
Location and Compensation
While this position can be hybrid, working in person with the team in the Chicago area is preferred and will often be required. Relocation assistance may be available. Compensation will vary based on experience. Expectation is in the $32,000 - $45,000 range based on experience. Benefits include: Paid Time Off, discounts in our retail store, 401K with match, flexible schedule and travel.
We value our in-store and online customers and work hard to bring them the hobbies, events and products they love. Creating unique play experiences and bringing these to conventions throughout the country has been our focus for over 20 years. Providing excellent service to our customers provides growth opportunities to those Team Members who excel in their work. We offer a challenging, fun, work environment surrounded by the events, merchandise, characters, and concepts you enjoy.
Established in 1992, Pastimes has been servicing the hobby community with great service, products and events for over 30 years. Today, Pastimes is a leader in the tabletop gaming market, and one of the largest organizers of hobby game events in the USA.
How to apply
Send us an email/cover letter telling us why you think you will be incredible in this position. We select candidates to interview on the content of their resume and letters. Please include an up-to-date resume to support your application.
Pastimes is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resume to – HR@Pastimes.net
Please send questions regarding this position to HR@Pastimes.net